
That's my lovely breakfast, flaxseed pancakes with sliced strawberries. I'd never have time to make pancakes in the morning, but today is a freebie, no school. This is my first idea of a superfoods Rx diet breakfast. No, powdered sugar isn't a superfood. But it provides contrast and makes it look pretty. The girls enjoyed it too. The firstborn made a funny face with hers. Now, if I was smart and made a bunch of pancakes over the weekend and prepped a bunch of fruit then too, we could make quick and easy fruit pancake roll ups during the week.
Yesterday I tried to share some of my favorite mantras with my dad to squash the road rage. My ears were ringing. And you'd think he would have had a heart attack by now he gets so worked up. Anyway, one mantra is "Mercy given is mercy granted." Another version of the golden rule. I don't think he'll be using it or any of my other gems of advice. Such as how your anger doesn't hurt the person you're mad at. It hurts you, spiritually, mentally, and physically.
Disclaimer: I do get angry and no, I'm not perfect.
Like most of the world, my ego is far from from intact. As I tried to counsel someone who has no desire to change, I revisited the trail of my own judgments I've passed on people, how hard it really seems to let go which is actually really easy. Because all you do is . . . let . . . go. Don't cage it to torment myself with later, just let it go forever. Need a paradigm shift from one who half forgives and rarely forgets, to one who doesn't feel slighted, who can grant forgiveness easily and not store up old hurts for weak moments. One who can forget and move forward.



2 comments:
those pancakes look delicious and were perfectly presented with the gems of wisdom. I think I need you to record them so when I am all flustered worked up and contemplating run someone off the road, I can reflect and refocus. OHM!
You're so right about the angry thing only hurting you. Now if only I could not get angry...
You've gotta try my super duper whole wheat blueberry pancake madness.
Post a Comment