Friday, March 21, 2008

Old Spice? Really?

But that's so . . . .

He comes back with new deodorant. For a guy who wanted to get reacquainted after his trip, this was not a good thing. I tried to be subtle. 'Hey honey, I picked you up some new stuff, so you can throw out that Old Spice crap.'

'But I like it.'

Oh dear. Even if it did resemble yummy pheromones as opposed to a gag inducing aroma, you still can't smell like that. For the same reason we can never get acquainted if the Beatles are playing. The histories don't mesh with the present action.

While I was shopping for his new deodorant (which I hope he starts to use soon), I also picked up some other adult items. I slowly circled the health/beauty aisles. Waited for people to clear out. Made my move down the appropriate aisle. And then some old chick followed me! Now I had invested some time in picking my moment! (I know. But I'm not mentally that old yet.) Gave it about 30 seconds hoping she'd make her pick and move on. But she didn't. So I grabbed my KY and darted. That's an embarrassing enough purchase to me, not gonna hang around near the douches on top of it.

During my big box adventure, I was also semi stalked by a large tall man. When I pick out a scent for the hubby, I smell all the deodorants. Walked by the deodorants again later and he was smelling all the ones I just did. (Again, I know, what a coincidence that someone else wants to make sure their deo doesn't smell nasty before they buy it.) There were also these women in the kitchen utensils that gave me such a dirty look I turned and went the other way. Like they owned the aisle and I better beat it before they proved their claim to the schoolyard.

No comments: