Part of getting older has been becoming more realistic in my goals. Heck, the fact that I have goals counts as a sign of maturity.
I've wanted a piano for quite some time so I can teach my girls and putz around a little myself. I am also a lover of karaoke. Ride in a car with me once and you'll have an unforgettable listening experience. Of course, my next natural train of thought was why don't I learn to play a guitar! That would be fun! What a neato party trick! Annndd . . cut scene - fantasy over. How much would a guitar cost? Do I really have time to learn something new? Am I motivated enough to be self-taught or am I going to have to find a teacher? How much would lessons cost? When would I be able to take lessons? Where? Wait, gotta wait for it, the big killer of fun is coming. How would this benefit my life? It's certainly not a step towards gainful employment! Everything else after that just rambled on over my lack of career opportunities and the just as vast lack of decisiveness over vocation.
I have vague remembrances of being youthful with an excellent brain I neglected to use. There's a reason you think you know everything then. There's nothing to stop you from doing rash irresponsible things that usually turn out to be pretty awesome adventures.
I'm not complaining about the life I lead now. The differences just really hit me sometimes.
Thursday, March 20, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment