Thursday, July 24, 2008

add that to the reading list

Stones from the River by Ursula Hegi

I'm open to suggestions to add on to my list of to read books; the only other book I have in mind is rereading Scarlett. And of course some Austen. I need to get out of the historical fiction before I ruin it for myself. But it's so damn interesting. And non-fiction seems so dry. I should take up my fancy for writing a novel of my own; research couldn't be so dry to suit my purposes!
I don't know exactly why I planned or even had any inclination to go to my h.s. reunion. I don't want to go anymore. Especially without back up. I checked it out, and some people have actually done thing with their lives. What have I done? Did ya hear the pin drop! Alright, pity party over.
I know that I'll finish the Claire and Jamie sagas by Christmas but I need something to intersperse between those novels. I don't want to devour them; I want the deliciousness to last. Like an anorexic eating a brownie, or oo, a chocolate eclair. or tiramisu. mm. Somebody get me some of that rhubarb wine! I can't NOT read. It's really too bad I can't NOT paint. sigh. In other news, I am officially registered for the half. September 14th, do or die. Peace out party people. And thanks for the good book heads up mamabird.

4 comments:

Michelle said...

you really should consider writing - i think you're good at it...I'd give your book a shot if you wrote one!

And as far as HS reunions go...don't sweat it. Is erin going?? That could make it a bit more fun. ANd please, you've done more with your life than half those chicks who got a certificate in hair design and are living way beyond their means and are probably about to go into foreclosure!

Myer Monster said...

http://www.amazon.com/Orphans-Tales-Night-Garden/dp/0553384031/ref=pd_bbs_sr_1?ie=UTF8&s=books&qid=1216993845&sr=8-1

and

http://www.amazon.com/Game-Thrones-Song-Fire-Book/dp/0553381687/ref=pd_sim_b_1

and

http://www.amazon.com/American-Gods-Novel-Neil-Gaiman/dp/0060558121/ref=pd_bbs_sr_1?ie=UTF8&s=books&qid=1216994005&sr=1-1

I also own all these books, so if you want to get together and raid my bookshelf we can do that too. And don't say for a minute that you havn't done anything with your life! You are building a strong family, and when you're old that will be all that matters. No one on their death bed says I should've spent more time at work. No one expects you to have won the nobel prize by the age of 28 either.

Michelle said...

i agree with erin. who cares about material things/etc. you will leave behind something not everyone can say they have - legacies...

Some Dude said...

If you haven't read any of these yet, they are very good.

Orchid Thief --http://fancybooklearnin.blogspot.com/2008/05/orchidelirium-edition.html

Pictures At A Revolution --http://fancybooklearnin.blogspot.com/2008/03/times-are-changin-edition.html

Cocaine: An Unauthorized Biography --http://fancybooklearnin.blogspot.com/2008/02/please-pass-coke-edition.html